LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 5am    Watch
 
 

Candle sparked Fairfax County house fire

8:48 AM, Sep 30, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ANNANDALE, Va. (WUSA9) -- Two adults were transported to MedStar for observation after a fire at their home on Sunday afternoon, say Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department officials.

Firefighters responded to the house in the 7300 block of Franklin Roa at approximately 12:50 p.m. Sunday, according to officials. They encountered smoke and fire coming from the front and side of the home. Firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 10 minutes, say officials.

Officials tell us that three people self-evacuated before firefithers arrived at the scene. Two adults were transported by ground to MedStar for observation, say officials.

Red Cross helping the six displaced residents, according to officials.

Officials note that there were no working smoke alarms in the home.   According to fire investigators, an unattended candle caused the fire, leaving behind an estimated $75,000 in damage. 

Most Watched Videos