Loudoun County home destroyed by fire

7:30 AM, Dec 23, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

STERLING, Va. (WUSA9) -- Loudoun County fire officials say a house fire on December 2 was accidental.

The fire, which destroyed a single-family home on Dairy Lane in Broad Run, was caused by an electrical short in the attic, officials said. 

Fire and rescue personnel from Sterling, Ashburn, Moorefield, Leesburg and Fairfax responded to the scene.

Fire officials say they found the home fully involved. Since the home was located in a non-hydrant area, rural water supply was established.

The damage is an estimated $350,000. The family of four who lived in the home was not inside during the fire.

No one was injured.

Most Watched Videos