The HealthCare.gov website had 3.7 million visitors in its first week of improved operations.
(Photo: Jon Elswick, AP)
WASHINGTON - More than 3.7 million people visited HealthCare.gov since the website was upgraded last weekend, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said Friday.
Also, CMS communications director Julie Bataille said, the percentage of duplicate or incorrect forms from the website to insurers has dropped from 25% to 10%.
"This week, the site remains stable and experienced no unexpected downtime," Bataille said.
As technicians fixed the initial problems that plagued the site since its Oct. 1 opening, many of the other problems that had been causing difficulties with insurer forms were also fixed.
"We do believe that the transactions from Dec. 1 moving forward reflect the technical upgrades made to the system," Bataille said.
There may have been as many as one in four incorrect or duplicate forms going to insurers between Oct. 1 to Nov. 30, she said.
"With the recent upgrades and technical fixes in place, we believe nine out of 10 forms are being issued correctly," Bataille said. She said they are continuing to work on the back-end to make sure those forms are correct.
About 16,000 people used the new queuing system this week, leaving an e-mail address so they could be notified and placed at the front of the line when the site was not as busy, Bataille said. Of those, 93% of people returned after they received an email.
This weekend, regularly scheduled maintenance will continue from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m., and the site will be unavailable.
Follow @KellySKennedy on Twitter.