2 hurt in Ashburn, Va. house fire

10:32 AM, Oct 14, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ASHBURN, Va. (WUSA9) -- A resident and a firefighter were injured in a house fire in Ashburn on Sunday night, according to fire officials.

The Loudoun County Emergency Communications Center received a 9-1-1 call for a house fire in the 43300 block of Wayside Circle in Ashburn at 6:20 p.m., according to officials.

Firefighters from Ashburn, Moorefield, Lansdowne, Leesburg and the Loudoun County Fire Marshal's office responded to the home and found a small fire on the first floor. Officials say the fire was quickly extinguished.

One man was flown to Washington Hospital Center for injuries sustained while trying to start a fire in a fireplace, say officials. A firefighter was taken to Lansdowne Hospital for treatment from an injury, according to officials.

The Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was accidental. Officials say the fire left approximately $30,000 in damage.

Most Watched Videos