A model walks the runway at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 at the 69th Regiment Armory in New York City.
(Photo: Eileen Blass, USA TODAY)
NEW YORK - The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 puts everything on parade, as usual. Long legs, sexy lingerie and Taylor Swift rocked the runway Wednesday for the show's taping (it's slated to air on CBS on Dec. 10 at 10 p.m. ET).
Some details: There are 67 different outfits, 28 pairs of wings and 40 models in the show. Average angel height? 5-foot-10. Here are the highlights (spoiler alert!):
1. Taylor Swift opens the show wearing a jaunty little British top hat and mini dress.
BEHIND THE SCENES: Angels prep to walk the Victoria's Secret catwalk
2. Blink and you might miss the $10 million Fantasy Bra. Candice Swanepoel is the first angel out of the gate, sashaying down the runway in the expensive shimmering gold bra and panties.
3. The Rutgers University drum line kicks off the show with a bang.
4. Fall Out Boy sets a beat the angels can easily strut to in the opening segment.
Fall Out Boy performs at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 at the 69th Regiment Armory in New York City.(Photo: Eileen Blass, USA TODAY)
5. There are six different segments - British Invasion, Birds of Paradise, Shipwrecked, Pink Network, Parisian Nights and Snow Angels. Models wear feathers, garters, smiley-face balloons, an Eiffel Tower hat, giant wings (of course) and more, but always very little. Victoria's Secret "cheekster panty" is a favorite in the Pink Network portion.
6. There had been buzz that Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashian's half-sister, might walk the runway, but she did not.
7. If you like the Spice Girls, you might like Neon Jungle, a four-member British girl group. They performed during the Pink Network segment and are best known for their single, Trouble, which was released this summer.
8. Ian Axel of indie-pop band A Great Big World brings a slower pace to the Shipwrecked segment, giving it an almost eerie feeling. Doutzen Kroes wears driftwood wings.
9. Look for 13-year show veteran angel Adriana Lima in a dramatic opening of the Parisian Nights segment as she shows off huge red-feather wings.
Taylor Swift performs as models walk the runway at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 at the 69th Regiment Armory in New York City.(Photo: Eileen Blass, USA TODAY)
10. Swift works the catwalk with the best of the angels. She closes the show with I Knew You Were Trouble, holding hands and doing the high-stepping model strut with the "snow angels."