LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 4:30am    Watch
 

Dog dies in fire sparked by microwave

10:59 AM, Dec 9, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

NEWBURG, Md. (WUSA9) -- Fire officials say a dog died in a fire caused by a malfunctioning microwave in Newburg on Friday afternoon.

According to officials, a passerby spotted the fire at a home in the 12300 block of Rock Point Road at approximately 4 p.m. Friday.

Approximately 55 firefighters battled the blaze and got it under control in 10 minutes, according to officials.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen.

No people were hurt in the fire but a dog died.

Family and friends are helping the residents after the fire, which caused approximately $40,000 in damage in total.

Most Watched Videos