WASHINGTON (AP) - The Washington Post says two U.S. Secret Service officers are under investigation and have been removed from President Barack Obama's detail following allegations of misconduct.
The Post says a senior supervisor who managed agents in Obama's detail allegedly tried to re-enter a woman's hotel room after accidentally leaving a bullet behind. The newspaper says a probe into that incident uncovered sexually suggestive emails the agent and another supervisor had sent to a female subordinate.
The report on the Post's website Wednesday night says the first supervisor was pulled from his position and the other removed from Obama's detail and assigned to a different part of the division.
The agency has been seeking to repair its reputation following a prostitution scandal during preparations for Obama's trip to Cartagena, Colombia, last year.
Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan declined to comment on the report.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Read the full report here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/two-secret-service-supervisors-cut-from-obamas-detail-after-alleged-misconduct/2013/11/13/c736638c-48a8-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html?hpid=z1