Quinnel Lee Martin arrested for assault and robbery in Rockville
ROCKVILLE, Md. (WUSA9) -- Rockville police have arrested a man who they say used a stun gun in an assault and robbery.
Quinnel Lee Martin, 27, of Rockville, faces multiple charges for the incident, which happened Sunday in the 700 block of First Street near Maryvale Park.
Police say Martin and two other males approached the victim and use a stun gun on him. The suspects punched the victim, knocked him to the ground and kicked him, officials said.
The victim, who knew Martin as "Q", suffered a broken nose, bruises, cuts and facial swelling. He was taken to a local hospital.
The suspects took the victim's jacket, money and prescription medication, officials said.
Martin was arrested Wednesday at the Rockville Metro Station.
During the arrest, officers found a substance believed to be crack cocaine on the ground next to Martin, officials said.
Martin faces the following charges:
• one count of armed robbery,
• one count of first-degree assault,
• one count of second-degree assault,
• one count of reckless endangerment,
• four counts of conspiracy related to each of the aforementioned charges,
• one count of possession with intent to distribute, and
• one count of possession, not marijuana.
Martin is being held at the Montgomery County Detention Center on $25,000 bond.
Anyone with information about this incident or the individuals involved is asked to call the Rockville City Police Department's Criminal Investigations Unit at 240-314-8938.