MT. AIRY, Md. (WUSA9) -- Two dogs died in a fire at a salvage yard in Frederick County on Thursday morning.
According to Ben Nalborczyk, Chief of the New Market District Volunteer Fire Company, they received a call at 3:42 a.m. for a fire in the 5200 block of Sidney Road. Firefighters arrived to see the building fully involved, and say that several vehicles also caught fire.
Deputy Fire Marshall Glenn Ruch tells us that four vehicles were damaged. He also says that there were numerous explosions, possibly from propane cylinders.
Ruch says that two dogs died in the fire.
A nearby home was not affected by the fire.
The fire was brought under control at 5:15 a.m.
View Larger Map