WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Chef Terry French, winner of the Food Network's EXTREME CHEF, is in DC for Metro Cooking DC at the DC Convention Center.
He stopped by our studio with a non-cook recipe. See his appearance in the video above.
Here is his recipe for Cherry Bomb Crab & Avocado Salad:
- 3 Tbs. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup pitted fresh Bing cherries
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice; more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Sea Salt and freshly ground telicherry Black Pepper
- 16 oz. pre-cooked jumbo lump crab
- 1/2 cup finely chopped grilled fennel
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh chives (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 ripe avocado
- 2 head Boston or Bibb lettuce
- Dice avocados and Fold together all ingredients except for cherries in medium mixing bowl reserving half of the crab.
- Place lettuce on plate and dress with mixture and garnish with crab and cherries.
- Finish with fresh cracked pepper and lemon zest
For more information on the show go to: www.MetroCookingDC.com